About the Infinity Connect web app
The Infinity Connect web app is automatically available as part of all Pexip Infinity deployments. It provides a WebRTC interface to Pexip Infinity conferencing services.
The web app is supported in the following browser versions, although we strongly recommend using the latest publicly-released version (i.e. "stable version" or "supported release") of a browser:
- Google Chrome version 61 and later (64-bit only) on Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS*, and Android*
- Mozilla Firefox version 68 and later (but v80 or later is recommended for improved network resilience) on Windows, Linux, macOS, and iOS*
- Microsoft Edge — all chromium-based versions on Windows and iOS*
- Opera version 53 and later on Windows and macOS
- Apple Safari version 11.1 and later on macOS
- Apple Safari on iOS 11.2 and later
* For the best experience on mobile devices, we recommend using the Infinity Connect mobile clients.
Infinity Connect web app is not supported on devices running on a Windows Phone OS.
Infinity Connect users can share their screen, images and PDFs from any browser.
To access a conference or make a call using the Infinity Connect web app, users enter into the address bar the IP address or domain name of their nearest Conferencing Node (or reverse proxy if, for example, it is being used to host a customized version of the web app), followed by /webapp/home (for example, confnode.example.com/webapp/home). Users are then presented with the home screen, from where they can check their setup and then select to enter the alias of the conference or person they want to call.
System administrators and conference organizers can also provide a preconfigured link to a conference alias.
If your Pexip Infinity deployment is located inside a private network and you want to allow Infinity Connect users who are located outside your network to connect to your deployment, see Using Infinity Connect from outside your network.
The performance of the Infinity Connect web app typically depends upon a combination of the choice of browser and which other applications are currently running on the client system.
However, as a minimum we recommend that your client system has:
- 4 GB of RAM
- Intel Core i5 processor or equivalent