About the support log
The Management Node collates the logs from itself and all Conferencing Nodes and compiles them into the support log.
The support log records all events occurring across the Pexip Infinity deployment, including:
- configuration changes on the system
- conferences starting and ending
- participants joining and leaving conferences
- participants presenting in conferences
- SIP, H.323 and BFCP signaling
- device registration requests
- DNS lookups.
Sensitive information, such as the content of chat messages, is not logged.
Log timestamps always use UTC.
The information in the support log is retained during reboot and upgrade.
You can also configure Pexip Infinity to use an external syslog server. This allows you to use the syslog server's associated tools to collate and process the log entries to obtain specific information about real-time events, tailored to your requirements.
For more information on the content of the support log, see Log output.
To view the support log, go to. If required, you can export the support log to a text file by selecting .
The log appears in the format:
syslog_time system originating_time level name details
In the format:
The time that the event was logged by syslog on the originating system.
||The IP address or host name of the system that sent the log message.|
In the format:
The time at which the event occurred on the originating system.
The severity of the event. The levels, in order of increasing severity, are:
||The system module producing the log output.|
||Information about the event, as a series of name=value pairs.|
You can filter the entire support log to only show messages that contain a particular string (for example, an IP address or alias) using the search box at the top left of the web page.
The search box also supports BRE syntax regular expressions (regex), so for example, you could search for:
- ^2017-10-07T09:[[:digit:]]: to limit the displayed log messages to those emitted between 09:30:00 and 09:49:59 UTC on 7 October 2017
- .*"Registration added".*"sip:email@example.com" to find all instances of "Registration added" messages for the SIP alias firstname.lastname@example.org
- .*\("error"\|administrator.alarm\).* to review error and warning alarms that have been raised or lowered.
Note that the results are not paginated.
You can selectto generate a condensed view of the messages in the support log, showing a summary of the call signaling — similar to traditional ladder diagrams, but text based — for the current search/filtered log messages, such as a filter on a specific call ID.
The support log has a maximum size of 2 GB, after which it will be overwritten, starting with the oldest entries. Up to 10 MB is available in a single page view on the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface; you can navigate through additional log pages using the buttons at the bottom left of the page. (Note that each page is a separate file, so the first page, which is the end of the file, may not be full.)