Transferring a participant to another conference
You can transfer a participant from one conference to another conference (or to another device or system via the Pexip Distributed Gateway) in three ways: Using the Administrator interface, Using Infinity Connect clients, or Using the APIs.
After the transfer has been successfully initiated, the transferred participant will be removed from the original conference. Should the transfer then fail (for example, if it is made to a device that rejects the call), the transferred participant will be disconnected i.e. it will not rejoin the original conference.
Note that when a Lync / Skype for Business participant is transferred, they will appear as audio-only and will need to escalate to video.
To use the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface to transfer a single participant from one conference to another conference:
- Select the participant. You can do this in two ways:
- Go to and select the participant to transfer.
- Go to Virtual Meeting Room or Virtual Auditorium that the participant is currently in. From the tab, select the participant to transfer. and select the
At the bottom right of the screen, select.
Enter the Target conference alias.
This can be any alias associated with a Virtual Meeting Room, Virtual Auditorium or Call Routing Rule.
- Select the Role the participant will have in the new conference.
If the transfer is successful, the participant list will be updated to show the participant in the new conference (it may also temporarily show the participant still connected to the previous conference).
To use the Infinity Connect desktop client or Infinity Connect Web App to transfer a participant (including yourself) from one conference to another:
- Join the conference as a Host.
- From the participant list, select the participant's name. Next to Transfer participant select :
- Enter the alias of the conference you wish to transfer the participant to, whether they should join as a Host or Guest, and the PIN if applicable, then select .
Third-party applications can use the management API and the client APIs to transfer participants to another conference.