About the Infinity Connect web app
The Infinity Connect web app is automatically available as part of all Pexip Infinity deployments. It provides a WebRTC interface to Pexip Infinity conferencing services. Browsers that are not WebRTC-compatible use a Flash-based interface to the legacy version of the app.
The web app is supported in the following browser versions, although we strongly recommend using the latest publicly-released version (i.e. "stable version" or "supported release") of a browser:
- Google Chrome version 61 and later
- Mozilla Firefox version 60 ESR and later
- Opera version 53 and later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11 and later on Windows 7 (requires Flash Player 11 and later ActiveX® plugin, and must not be in Compatibility View). We do not support Internet Explorer on Windows 10. In all cases, Internet Explorer will be redirected to the legacy web app.
- Microsoft Edge version 41 and later (Windows OS only).
- Apple Safari version 11.1 and later (Mac OS X and iOS). Note that Safari version 11 will not work with Pexip Infinity version 15 or earlier.
Infinity Connect web app is not supported on devices running on a Windows Phone OS.
Infinity Connect users can share images and PDFs from any browser. Additionally, users on Chrome and Firefox can share their screen (Chrome requires that users first install a chrome extension).
Accessing a conference or making a call
To access a conference or make a call using the Infinity Connect web app, users enter into the address bar the IP address or domain name of their nearest Conferencing Node (or reverse proxy if, for example, it is being used to host a customized version of the web app), followed by /webapp/home (for example, confnode.example.com/webapp/home). Users are then presented with the home screen, from where they can check their setup and then select to enter the alias of the conference or person they want to call.
System administrators and conference organizers can also provide a preconfigured link to a conference alias.
If your Pexip Infinity deployment is located inside a private network and you want to allow Infinity Connect users who are located outside your network to connect to your deployment, see Using Infinity Connect from outside your network.
The performance of the Infinity Connect web app typically depends upon a combination of the choice of browser and which other applications are currently running on the client system.
However, as a minimum we recommend that your client system has:
- 4 GB of RAM
- Intel Core i5 processor or equivalent
Before you can use Infinity Connect via Google Chrome to share your computer screen with other conference participants, you must install the Pexip Screensharing Extension. To do this:
While in a meeting, from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen select:
If the extension is not already installed, you will see the following message:
- Select . This will take you to the Pexip Screensharing Extension on the Chrome web store.
Install the extension by clicking on the button at the top right of the page.
The following confirmation will appear:
- Select .
You are now ready to share your screen.
The Pexip Screensharing Extension maintains a list of all of the domains (or websites) that you have allowed to use the extension.
To remove domains from this list:
- Go to chrome://extensions (type this in to your Chrome browser's address bar).
- Select Pexip Screensharing Extension. under the
- Select by any domain you want to remove.
If you subsequently attempt to share your computer screen while participating in a conference hosted at a domain that you have removed, you will once again be asked to allow the Pexip Screensharing Extension to share your screen.