Using the Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android
All you need to do to make a call into a Pexip Infinity environment using the Infinity Connect Mobile client is install it, enter your name, and then enter the alias of the person or conference you want to call. This guide tells you how to do this, as well as providing information on using all the other available features.
This guide describes version 3.0.12 of the Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android, which was released in December 2016.
In this guide:
- Installing the Infinity Connect Mobile client
- Initial configuration
- Registering your device to receive calls
- Joining a conference or calling a person
- Selecting your role and entering the conference PIN
- Integrating with your Calendar
- Sharing files
- Using NFC to automatically add an endpoint to a conference
- Using in-call controls
- Participant icons
The Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android is available for free from the Google Play store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pexip.android. Follow the instructions to download and install the Infinity Connect Mobile client on your device.
- Version 3.0 or later of the Infinity Connect Mobile client requires Android 5.0 or later.
- Version 2.0 of the Infinity Connect Mobile client requires Android 4.1 or later.
When installing the Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android, it will request permission to access the contacts/calendar on your device:
You mustthis request to continue with the installation.
When you open Infinity Connect for the first time, you will be presented with a Welcome screen:
Select. This will take you to the Settings screen:
Enter your name as you wish it to appear to other conference participants.
To register your Infinity Connect client to receive calls (if this is supported in your deployment):
- Go to the Infinity Connect home screen, select ). screen (from the top right of the
- In the Alias and Password provided to you by your administrator. Be aware that these fields are case-sensitive, and some devices will default to uppercase for the first character of the user name. section of the screen, enter the
- Select Remember password.
- Select .
When you have successfully registered, the button will change to.
Now, when someone calls your device by dialing the Alias you have registered with, you will get an incoming call alert showing the person or meeting room who is calling you:
When an Infinity Connect client is registered, as well as being able to receive calls, the user can filter and lookup the contact details (phone book / directory) of other devices or VMRs that are set up on the Pexip Infinity platform, making it easier to call those devices or VMRs.
To make a call to a conference, or to call another person directly, go to the home screen:
- Enter the address (URI) of the conference you wish to join or the person you wish to call, or
- Select one of the addresses in the Recent calls list, or
If you are registered, you can filter and lookup the contact details of other devices or VMRs that are set up on your Pexip Infinity platform, by typing in part of the address of the person or the name of the VMR you want to call.
Then select whether to make the call using, with -only, or as and presentation only:
- : join with both your camera and microphone activated. You will be able to see and hear other participants, and they will see and hear you. You will also be able to view the roster, send and receive chat messages, and send and receive presentations. If you are a Host, you will have full conference control.
- : join with only your microphone activated. You will be able to hear other participants, and they will hear you. You will also be able to view the roster, send and receive chat messages, send and receive presentations, and (if you are a Host) control the conference. However, you won't be able to see the other participants, and they won't be able to see you.
: join without your camera or microphone activated. You will still be able to view the roster, send and receive chat messages, and send and receive presentations, and (if you are a Host) control the conference. However you won't be able to see or hear other participants, and they won't be able to see or hear you. When using this mode you can activate your microphone or camera at any point after joining, by using the buttons at the bottom of the main window.
This mode may be appropriate if you have another video endpoint that you are using for video and audio, and you are using your Infinity Connect Mobile client to control the conference and view a presentation.
Some Virtual Meeting Rooms and Virtual Auditoriums will ask you to whether you wish to join as a Host or a Guest, and some are PIN-protected:
You must enter the conference PIN before you can access the conference. If you do not know the PIN, contact the meeting organizer.
The Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android automatically integrates with your calendar. Any appointments with a Location in the form of a URI (for example email@example.com) will automatically appear as an upcoming event on the Infinity Connect home page. Simply select the event from the home page to join the conference:
To share files from your mobile device with other conference participants, select and then select the files you want to share.
You can set up an NFC tag for a video endpoint or meeting room system, so that when an Infinity Connect for Android user taps the tag, the endpoint is automatically added to a conference.
You will need:
- one NFC tag for each endpoint you wish to enable
- a device running Android 5.0 or later, with an NFC reader
- version 3.0 or later of the Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android.
Configuring the endpoint's NFC tag
To configure the NFC tag with the endpoint's alias:
- Ensure that NFC is enabled on your Android device.
- Open the Infinity Connect client for Android, go to , and select .
- Enter the details of the endpoint to be dialed, and whether it should be added to the conference as a Host or Guest.
- Select .
- At the message Save dial data to NFC tag, tap the NFC tag with the Android device. You should see a message NFC tag successfully written.
Adding the endpoint to a conference
When you want to add the endpoint to a conference, simply tap the NFC tag with your Android device. If the Infinity Connect client is not currently open, the first tap will open it and a second tap will dial the endpoint.
- If your Android client is already in a conference when you tap the endpoint's NFC tag, the endpoint will be added to that conference.
- If you are not already in a conference but you have configured your Android client with details of your personal meeting room, when you tap the endpoint's NFC tag the endpoint will be dialed in to that VMR. (Note that your Android client will join the conference in order to add the VMR, but will then automatically disconnect from it.)
To configure your personal meeting room, on your Infinity Connect client go to .
The table below shows the different icons or "badges" that can appear on participants' avatars, and their meanings.
|A call is being placed to the participant and they have yet to answer.|
|The participant is waiting to join the conference.|
|The participant is a streaming or recording device.|
|The participant is currently speaking.|
|The participant is muted.|
|The participant is presenting content.|