About the Infinity Connect Mobile client for iOS
The Infinity Connect Mobile client for iOS can be used by conference participants to control the conference and view presentations from their own personal device, even when they are using a separate video endpoint to participate in the conference.
Users also have the ability to join a conference over audio-only, or as a full audio and video participant, allowing them to participate in a conference from anywhere they have an internet connection.
Most standard Infinity Connect features are available to Infinity Connect Mobile client users, along with these additional features:
- View the presentation on their personal device.
- Video participants can elect to use their video endpoint just for viewing other participants, while viewing the presentation on their device - essentially providing them with a dual-screen video system.
- Audio-only participants will be able to view the presentation on their personal device, enhancing their conference experience.
- Decide where they want to view the presentation: on their mobile device, on the video endpoint, or both.
- Zoom in on the presentation on their device, allowing them to see details that would otherwise not be visible from a distance on the screen.
The Infinity Connect Mobile client for iOS will automatically select an appropriate bandwidth, as follows:
- wide-CIF for cellular (3G and 4G) connections
- 448p for Wi-Fi connections.
Infinity Connect Mobile clients require deployments with HTTPS and valid, trusted certificates. For more information, see Managing TLS and trusted CA certificates.
The Infinity Connect Mobile client for iOS is available for free from the Apple Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pexip/id667867771. Follow the instructions to download and install the client on your device.
Versions 5.0 and later of the Infinity Connect Mobile client for iOS are compatible with any iOS device running iOS 8.x or later, and Pexip Infinity version 7 or later.