About the Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android
The Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android can be used by conference participants to control the conference and view presentations from their own personal device, even when they are using a separate video endpoint to participate in the conference.
Users also have the ability to join a conference over audio-only, or as a full audio and video participant, allowing them to participate in a conference from anywhere they have an internet connection. Android clients can also register to Pexip Infinity allowing them to receive calls and use enhanced directory features.
Most standard Infinity Connect features are available to Infinity Connect Mobile client users, along with these additional features:
- View the presentation on their personal device.
- Video participants can elect to use their video endpoint just for viewing other participants, while viewing the presentation on their device - essentially providing them with a dual-screen video system.
- Audio-only participants will be able to view the presentation on their personal device, enhancing their conference experience.
- Decide where they want to view the presentation: on their mobile device, on the video endpoint, or both.
Infinity Connect Mobile clients require deployments with HTTPS and valid, trusted certificates. For more information, see Managing TLS and trusted CA certificates.
The Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android is available for free from the Google Play store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pexip.android. Follow the instructions to download and install the Infinity Connect Mobile client on your device.
- Version 3.0 or later of the Infinity Connect Mobile client requires Android 5.0 or later.
- Version 2.0 of the Infinity Connect Mobile client requires Android 4.1 or later.
When installing the Infinity Connect Mobile client for Android, it will request permission to access the contacts/calendar on your device:
You mustthis request to continue with the installation.