Using the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface
After you have run the installation wizard, all further configuration should be done using the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface.
This topic covers:
- Accessing the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface
- Setting the session timeout
- Changing the display language
- Getting help
The Pexip Infinity Administrator interface is hosted on the Management Node. To access this:
- Open a web browser and type in the IP address or DNS name that you assigned to the Management Node using the installation wizard (you may need to wait a minute or so after installation is complete before you can access the Administrator interface).
- Until you have uploaded appropriate TLS certificates to the Management Node, your browser may present you with a warning that the website's security certificate is not trusted. You should proceed, but upload appropriate TLS certificates to the Management Node (and Conferencing Nodes, when they have been created) as soon as possible.
Thelogin page will appear.
- Log in using the web administration username and password you set using the installation wizard.
You are now ready to begin configuring the Pexip Infinity service and deploying Conferencing Nodes.
As a first step, we strongly recommend that you configure at least 2 additional NTP servers or NTP server pools to ensure that log entries from all nodes are properly synchronized. For details, see Enabling NTP on the Management Node.
By default, Pexip Infinity Administrator interface sessions will time out after 30 minutes of inactivity. You can modify the Management web interface session timeout setting via the page ( ).
The Pexip Infinity Administrator interface supports localization, meaning it can be displayed in different languages. The v14 release includes the following languages:
- English (default)
- Simplified Chinese
Future releases will include other languages.
To select the language used for the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface, you must edit the language preferences within your browser settings. You must then refresh your browser for the changes to take effect.
You can edit your browser's language preferences as follows:
- Select the control button at the top right of the screen.
- Select .
- Select .
- In the section, select .
- Select the Tools button at the top right of the screen.
- Select .
- At the bottom of the window, select .
- Select the Firefox button at the top left of the screen.
- Select .
- Select the tab and in the section, select .
The Pexip Infinity Administrator interface displays all times (except for those in the Administrator log and Support log, and usage graphs) in your local time. This is obtained from the timezone configured on the computer you are using to access the Administrator interface. So for example, if you are sitting in an office in London and you log in to a Management Node that is located in New York, call start and end times will be shown in London time.
The timezone being used will always be shown in brackets after the time, in the format 2015-02-25 22:00:12 (GMT).
Logs (and usage graphs, which are based on the information in the logs) are always shown in UTC because of the distributed nature of the Pexip Infinity platform. Logs use the format 2015-02-24T23:16:33.019+00:00.
Pexip Infinity Management Node and Conferencing Node VMs use the UTC timezone, and all logs are in UTC. Do not attempt to change the timezone on these systems.
There are two types of help integrated into the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface:
By default, most configuration fields will show an explanation of the field underneath the input area. You can turn these explanations on or off by clicking on the icon on the bottom right of the page.
From any page, clicking on the Pexip Infinity Administrator Guide, which will be opened to the section that relates to the page you are on. From there you can use the table of contents on the left-hand side of the help window to navigate and view the entire guide. There is also a search box at the top right of the browser window which you can use to search for individual words or phrases.link at the top right of the page will open a new browser window showing the online
If you cannot find the information you require, contact your Pexip authorized support representative.