Installing and updating software bundles
The software bundles feature enables administrators to update individual components of the Pexip Infinity platform (for example the Infinity Connect web app), independently of the platform itself.
The use of software bundles allows Pexip to provide our customers with more frequent and timely access to features and bug fixes for individual components, and allows our customers to install, test and deploy the components that they are most interested in without having to wait for the next major Pexip Infinity software release.
Each new major release of Pexip Infinity includes the latest available set of bundled software components, which will be available for your use without any further action required. Between major releases, we may release one or more updates to each of these components which you can optionally download from our website and install on the Pexip Infinity Management Node.
This release of Pexip Infinity ships with the following components that can subsequently be updated:
|Software bundle||Description||Original revision|
|PexRTC software bundle||Core webRTC library||28-28.0|
|Webapp1 software bundle||Legacy web app||28-2.6|
|Webapp2 software bundle||Next-generation web app||28-1.9|
|Webapp3 software bundle||Reserved for future use||28-0.1|
To view all bundled software components currently installed and available on your Pexip Infinity platform, from the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface, go to .
The Bundle Type column lists each of the bundled software components that are currently installed; the Revision column shows the version of that component that is currently in use.
To change which version of a particular software bundle is currently in use on your on your Pexip Infinity platform, select the bundle and then select the Selected revision drop-down. This will list all the available versions of this software bundle; select the version you wish to use.
To install or update a software bundle:
- Contact your Pexip authorized support representative for information on how to download the latest software bundles, which you should save to your local machine.
- From the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface, go to .
- From the bottom of the page, select .
- Select and browse to the location of the new software bundle.
- Select .
- After a short delay you will be taken to the page (alternatively, you can navigate to this page by selecting and selecting the software component you have just updated).
- From the Selected revision drop-down, select the version you have just installed.
- Select .
The updated software bundles will be replicated to each Conferencing Node. Updates to the Infinity Connect web app will be available to end users as soon as the Conferencing Node they are connected to has updated, although they may need to refresh their browser in order to receive the changes.