Migrating Conferencing Nodes between host VMware servers
Using the tools available in VMware, you can move Conferencing Nodes from one host server to another.
You may want to do this if the existing host server is running low on capacity or is experiencing performance issues.
Pexip Infinity supports VMware's vMotion for the live migration of Conferencing Nodes.
You must put the Conferencing Node into maintenance mode and wait until all conferences on that node have finished before migrating it to another host server. See Taking a Conferencing Node out of service for more information.
The source and target servers must be enabled for vMotion and use the same shared storage.
- Ensure that the Conferencing Node is in maintenance mode and that all conferences on that node have finished.
- In the VMware inventory view, right-click on the Conferencing Node and select Migrate. The Migrate Virtual Machine window will appear.
- Select Change host then select .
- Select the destination host server or cluster and then select .
- Select the destination resource pool and then select .
- Select the priority and then select .
- Check the details of the migration, and if they are all correct, select .