Creating a Mac Developer Certificate
Many corporate users of the Pexip Infinity Connect desktop client produce a customized and rebranded version of the client application for their own use.
If the Mac OS X version of the application is rebranded, the repackaged application will, by default, be unsigned and will require explicit permissions to run. To allow the application to run by default, it must be signed with an Apple developer certificate.
This guide explains how to create an Apple developer certificate and how to use it to sign a rebranded Infinity Connect desktop client for Mac OS X to allow easier redistribution. See Customizing the Infinity Connect desktop client for more information.
- You need to register with the Mac Developer Program at https://developer.apple.com/programs/mac/.
- Create a new certificate at https://developer.apple.com/account/mac/certificate/certificateList.action.
- For the type of certificate you need, select a production Developer ID certificate.
- For the type of certificate you want to generate, select Developer ID Application.
The next page tells you to create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR):
- In the Applications folder on your Mac, open the Utilities folder and launch the Keychain Access application.
- Enter the certificate information:
- User Email Address: this is your Apple Developer Account email address.
- Common Name: this is your name.
- Ensure that you select Saved to disk
- the file to your hard drive and then select .
- You can now return to the section that is still active in your browser.
- Select and select the newly created file that you have just saved to your Mac.
Your certificate will now be generated and be ready for use.
Download the certificate from the list of production certificates and open it to ensure that it is added to your keychain for future use.
- Sign your Infinity Connect desktop client application. Open a terminal and type the following command:
codesign --deep --force --verify --verbose --sign "Pexip AS" pathtoyour/App.app
Where you should replace "Pexip AS" with the Name of your certificate as shown on the Mac Certificates download page, and replace pathtoyour/App.app with the relevant path and application name.