Automatically reporting errors
In order to allow continual monitoring and improvement of the Pexip Infinity platform, we encourage customers to send us details of any incidents that occur in their products. When this feature is enabled, incident reports are sent automatically to a specified URL. By default this is the address of a secure web server owned and managed by Pexip, but you have the option to change the URL.
We collate and analyze this information in order to identify issues with the software that can be resolved in future product releases. The information we receive will not be used for any other purpose.
The feature is enabled and disabled on a Pexip Infinity platform-wide basis, but when enabled each Management Node and Conferencing Node will send their individual incident reports directly to the incident reporting server.
When incident reporting is enabled:
- If you are Using a web proxy for the Management Node, or for the Location to which the Conferencing Node belongs, all incident reports will be sent via the specified web proxy.
- If you are not using a web proxy, you must ensure that your IP routing and firewall configuration allows outbound communications from each of these systems to the nominated URL. By default, reports are sent to https://acr.pexip.com over TLS to port 443.
The exact content of each incident report will vary depending on the nature of the problem, but all reports always include:
- the date and time that the incident occurred
- the FQDN of the system on which the incident occurred
- the IP address of the system on which the incident occurred
- information about the Pexip Infinity software version
- details of the internal software processes running at the time the incident occurred.
The incident reporting server will also annotate each report with the IP address from which it was received (generally this will be the public IP address of the sender's network). This information is not contained in the original incident report.
The incident reports may also include:
- system configuration information
- stack traces.
The incident reports never include:
- system logs.
Automatic sending of incident reports is enabled or disabled during initial installation of the Management Node (when running the installation wizard).
To enable or disable the automatic submission of incident reports, or to change the URL to which they are sent:
- On the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface, go to .
- From the Enable incident reporting box as required. section, select or deselect the
- If appropriate, in the Incident reporting URL field enter the URL to which reports will be sent.
- Optionally, enter a Contact email address of somebody who can be contacted by Pexip for further information. If specified, this email address is added to incident reports.
- Select .