Customizing the Pexip Infinity user experience
You can easily apply your own corporate branding to the Pexip Infinity platform, and produce a personalized user experience for all of your Pexip Infinity services.
This topic gives some examples of how themes can be used to customize the voice prompts and images used in your Pexip Infinity services, and how branding customizations can be applied to change the look and feel of the Connect apps (Pexip's free video apps, which can also be used to access those services).
Themes are applied to one or more services (such as a VMR, Virtual Auditorium, Virtual Reception, or Infinity Gateway call routing rule), and affect all participants using that service, regardless of the device or video client that the participant is using to make the call. A different theme can be applied to each service if required.
Themes are used to control:
- all of the voice prompts used when accessing or participating in a conference
- the appearance of PIN entry screens (on devices other than the Connect apps)
- in-conference indicators such as audio-only participants, streaming, no incoming video etc. and the watermark
- the appearance of information screens such as waiting for host, PIN entry, capacity exceeded etc.
The following images show some examples of which elements of the user experience can be customized via themes. All of the examples show a video client that is accessing a service that uses the base (default) Pexip theme.
Themes are uploaded and managed via the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface ( ).
For more information, including the full set of theme elements that can be customized, see Customizing conference images and voice prompts using themes.
The branding and styling of the Connect web apps and Connect desktop app can be customized. This changes the look and feel of the Connect app regardless of which service is being accessed. (However, the theme-based elements of each individual service may also have been customized — a theme changes the look and feel of the actual conference you have joined, or are trying to join.)
Connect app customization can be used to control:
- default settings such as bandwidth, screen sharing frame rate and so on
- the ability to display an image/logo and accompanying welcome text on a landing page, and to use a custom favicon
- language translations and the default language
- the color scheme for buttons, icons and other graphic indicators; elements can be customized individually or a general color scheme can be applied to all similar items.
To customize the Connect web apps you typically create a branding package and then upload it to the Management Node. Separate branding packages are required for each of the web apps in use in your deployment. The relevant branding package is then automatically applied to all users of that Connect web app. To apply the same customized branding to the Connect desktop app you need to use Pexip Infinity's provisioning features to instruct those clients to override their built-in branding and use the customized branding instead.
Our recommended method for creating a branding package for the previous web app ("Webapp2") is to use the Pexip branding portal (https://brandingportal.pexip.com), although you can also create the required files manually. For the latest web app, Pexip Connect for Web ("Webapp3"), you must currently create the required files manually; a branding portal for this version will be available soon.
For more information, see Customizing and branding the Connect apps.