Customizing the Pexip Infinity user experience
You can easily apply your own corporate branding to the Pexip Infinity platform, and produce a personalized user experience for all of your Pexip Infinity services.
This topic gives some examples of how themes can be used to customize the voice prompts and images used in your Pexip Infinity services, and how branding customizations can be applied to change the look and feel of the Infinity Connect clients (Pexip's free video clients, which can also be used to access those services).
Themes are applied to one or more services (such as a VMR, Virtual Auditorium, Virtual Reception, or Pexip Distributed Gateway call routing rule), and affect all participants using that service, regardless of the device or video client that the participant is using to make the call. A different theme can be applied to each service if required.
Themes are used to control:
- all of the voice prompts used when accessing or participating in a conference
- the appearance of PIN entry screens (on devices other than the Infinity Connect clients)
- in-conference indicators such as audio-only participants, streaming, no incoming video etc. and the watermark
- the appearance of information screens such as waiting for host, PIN entry, capacity exceeded etc.
The following images show some examples of which elements of the user experience can be customized via themes. All of the examples show a video client that is accessing a service that uses the base (default) Pexip theme.
Themes are uploaded and managed via the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface ( ).
For more information, including the full set of theme elements that can be customized, see Customizing conference images and voice prompts using themes.
The branding and styling of the Infinity Connect clients (web app, mobile and desktop) can be customized. This changes the look and feel of the Infinity Connect client regardless of which service is being accessed. (However, the theme-based elements of each individual service may also have been customized — a theme changes the look and feel of the actual conference you have joined, or are trying to join.)
Infinity Connect customization can be used to control:
- default settings such as bandwidth, screen sharing frame rate and so on
- the ability to display an image/logo and accompanying welcome text on a landing page, and to use a custom favicon
- language translations and the default language
- the color scheme for buttons, icons and other graphic indicators; elements can be customized individually or a general color scheme can be applied to all similar items.
To customize the clients you typically create and then upload a branding package to the Management Node. That branding package is then automatically applied to all users of the web app. To apply the same customized branding to the desktop and mobile clients you can use Pexip Infinity's provisioning features to instruct those clients to override their built-in branding and use the customized branding instead. Note that the clients do not need to be registered in order to use the branding provisioning feature.
The recommended method to create a branding package for the Infinity Connect clients is to use the Pexip branding portal (https://brandingportal.pexip.com).
For more information, see Customizing the Infinity Connect clients.