Configuring Xen for Pexip Infinity
This guide assumes that you have a
You must ensure that:
Xenenvironment may be managed through libvirt
- the virt-manager, virsh and virt-install applications are available for use on the client system that is managing the
Xenenvironment; to do this, run the command:
sudo apt-get install virt-manager libvirt-bin
The libvirt command line tools are used to import the disk image and create the VM. Note that we use the libvirt command line tools to perform the import as they provide greater control than Virtual Machine Manager. For more information, see http://libvirt.org/drvxen.html.
All host servers must be synchronized with accurate time before you install the Pexip Infinity Management Node or Conferencing Nodes on them.
- NTP must also be enabled on the Management Node VM before you deploy any Conferencing Nodes (this is done during installation of the Management Node).
- We strongly recommend that you configure at least three distinct NTP servers or NTP server pools on all your host servers and the Management Node itself. This will ensure that log entries from all nodes are properly synchronized.
Install the NTP package on your host server using the appropriate package management tool for your Linux distribution.
You can only enable automatic startup after the Management Node or Conferencing Node has been deployed.
To enable automatic startup using Virtual Machine Manager:
- Connect to the Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager) that is managing the node's VM.
Select the node's VM and then, from the toolbar, select theicon .
A new window for that VM is opened.
- If necessary, select to display the VM information.
- From the sidebar menu, select .
- Select the Start virtual machine on host boot up check box.
- Select .