Deploying a Management Node in Azure
As with all Pexip Infinity deployments, you must first deploy the Management Node before deploying any Conferencing Nodes. In a hybrid cloud deployment the Management Node may be deployed in the corporate network or in Azure. This section describes how to deploy the Management Node in Azure.
To deploy a Management Node in Azure:
Create a VM instance using the prepared Management Node disk image. For more information on this, see:
If using SSH key-based authentication (instead of password-based authentication), after the Management Node instance has booted, you must SSH into the instance to set the operating system password:
- Use an SSH client to access the Management Node by its private IP address, supplying your private key file as appropriate.
Follow the login process in the SSH session:
- At the login prompt, enter the username admin.
- Supply the key passphrase, if requested.
- At the "Enter new UNIX password:" prompt, enter your desired password, and then when prompted, enter the password again.
This will then log you out and terminate your SSH session.
Connect (or reconnect if using key-based authentication) over SSH into the Management Node instance by its private IP address and complete the Pexip Infinity installation wizard as for an on-premises deployment:
Log in as admin, and — if you are using password-based authentication — enter the password you supplied when using the ARM template.
You are presented with another login prompt:
Running Pexip installation wizard...
[sudo] password for admin:
Enter the operating system administrator password (for SSH key-based authentication this is the password you just created in the previous step; for password-based authentication you must enter again the password you supplied when using the ARM template).
The Pexip installation wizard will begin after a short delay.
Complete the installation wizard to apply basic configuration to the Management Node:
- Accept the defaults for the IP address, Network mask and Gateway settings.
- Enter your required Hostname and Domain suffix for the Management Node.
- Configure one or more DNS servers and NTP servers. You must override the default values if it is a private deployment.
- Set the Web administration username and password.
- Select whether to Enable incident reporting and whether to Send deployment and usage statistics to Pexip.
The DNS and NTP servers at the default addresses are only accessible if your instance has a public IP address.
The installation wizard will fail if the NTP server address cannot be resolved and reached.
After successfully completing the wizard, the SSH connection will be lost as the Management Node reboots.
After a few minutes you will be able to use the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface to access and configure the Management Node (remember to use https to connect to the node if you have only configured https access rules in your security group).
You can now configure your Pexip Infinity platform licenses, VMRs, aliases, locations etc, and add Conferencing Nodes.
To look at a detailed worked example of the steps required to set up your Microsoft Azure environment and deploy Pexip Infinity, see http://www.graham-walsh.com/2016/05/deploying-pexip-azure-part-one/.