About Skype for Business / Lync servers
Pexip Infinity uses Skype for Business / Lync* servers to route outbound MS-SIP calls.
Outbound calls are made from Pexip Infinity when:
- a conference participant uses an Infinity Connect client to add another participant to the call
- the administrator manually dials out to a participant from a Virtual Meeting Room
- a participant is automatically dialed out to from a Virtual Meeting Room
- a third party uses the API to place a call to a participant
- the Infinity Gateway is used to interwork a call.
You can configure the addresses of one or more SfB/Lync servers within Pexip Infinity. These can be Front End Servers or a Director; they cannot be Edge Servers.
Within an on-prem Skype for Business / Lync environment, you must then associate a specific SfB/Lync server with a System location, Call Routing Rule or Virtual Reception to instruct Pexip Infinity to use that SfB/Lync server when it places an outbound MS-SIP call from a Conferencing Node in that location, or when it matches that routing rule.
Within a public DMZ Skype for Business / Lync deployment, you must ensure that a Pexip Infinity location is not configured to route calls to a specific SfB/Lync server. This is to ensure that each Conferencing Node uses DNS to locate an appropriate SfB/Lync system via which to route outbound calls.
To add, edit or delete SfB/Lync servers, go to .
The available options are:
|Name||The name used to refer to this SfB/Lync server in the Pexip Infinity Administrator interface.|
|Description||An optional description of the SfB/Lync server.|
|Address||The IP address or FQDN of the SfB/Lync server. This can be a Front End Server or Director; it must not be an Edge Server.|
The IP port on the SfB/Lync server to which the Conferencing Node will connect.
The IP transport used to connect to the SfB/Lync server.
To associate a SfB/Lync server with a System location, go to , to associate it with a Call Routing Rule, go to , and to associate it with a Virtual Reception that is acting as an IVR gateway to scheduled and ad hoc SfB/Lync meetings, go to .
For more information on integrating Pexip Infinity with SfB/Lync, see Integrating Microsoft Skype for Business / Lync with Pexip Infinity.
* Note that where this documentation refers to "SfB/Lync", it represents both Microsoft Skype for Business and Lync unless stated otherwise.