About H.323 gatekeepers and SIP proxies
You can configure the Pexip Infinity platform with the addresses of one or more H.323 gatekeepers and SIP proxies. These are the call control systems that can be used to route outbound H.323 and SIP calls on behalf of Pexip Infinity.
The H.323 gatekeepers and SIP proxies configured here are used for outbound calls from Pexip Infinity. They do not determine the systems used to route inbound calls to Pexip Infinity. Pexip Infinity will not automatically register with any systems configured here. To route inbound calls from a gatekeeper or SIP proxy, you must configure these systems with neighbor zones that direct calls to Pexip Infinity. For more information see Call control.
Outbound calls are made from Pexip Infinity when:
- a conference participant uses an Infinity Connect client to add another participant to the call
- the administrator manually dials out to a participant from a Virtual Meeting Room
- a participant is automatically dialed out to from a Virtual Meeting Room
- a third party uses the API to place a call to a participant
- the Pexip Distributed Gateway is used to interwork a call.
To configure H.323 gatekeepers, go to, and to configure SIP proxies, go to .
When configuring the proxy or gatekeeper, the target Address can be an IP address or an FQDN. If it is an FQDN, Pexip Infinity looks for DNS SRV records first if the Port field is left blank.
After adding the details of the H.323 gatekeeper or SIP proxy, you must then associate it with the relevant location (Call Routing Rule ( ).) or
- Each System location can have a nominated H.323 gatekeeper and SIP proxy — these are used when adding a new H.323 or SIP participant to a conference and define where to route the outbound H.323/SIP calls placed from nodes within that location.
- Each Call Routing Rule can have a nominated H.323 gatekeeper or SIP proxy — these are used to route the outbound leg of gateway calls for rules that are targeted at external H.323 and SIP systems.
If an Infinity Connect user adds an H.323 or SIP participant to a conference, the call is routed to the H.323 gatekeeper or SIP proxy that is associated with the system location of the Conferencing Node to which the Infinity Connect client is connected. If the location does not have a configured H.323 gatekeeper or SIP proxy, Infinity Connect users connected to Conferencing Nodes in that location may still be able to dial in other participants to a conference — to enable this, the user must enter the participant's IP address or FQDN (and for the latter, DNS must be configured properly), thus allowing Pexip Infinity to dial the participant directly.